To view current internship openings, please click here
To view freelance writer guidelines, please click here
Publicist, Volunteer (Virtual)
- Assists Director and department with day-to-day administrative needs, including travel booking, correspondence and incoming invoices.
- Manages the review copy process, from responding to media requests to preparing reviewer lists, publication slips, labels and packaging.
- Arranges review copy mailings.
- Answers telephones and queries; redirects calls as necessary.
- Assists with publicity for touring authors.
- Writes press releases
- Produces and distributes a bi-weekly publicity update
- Manages and archives all incoming reviews
- Up to one year of relevant work experience preferred. College-level understanding and use of English language.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized and able to set priorities under pressure.
- Must possess college degree or equivalent work experience
Jr. Acquisitions Editor, Volunteer (Virtual)
A successful candidate will communicate with authors to acquire approximately 10 books each year and will participate in long-range planning, editorial board meeting preparation and travel.
- Bachelor's degree (in progress acceptable) in an appropriate area of specialization and one year appropriate experience
- Priority will be given to candidates with a demonstrated record of successful scholarly and trade acquisitions, management, and list building skills.
Assistant Director, Production and Editorial Services
The Assistant Director, Production and Editorial Services is responsible for ensuring that critical operational, print production and editorial services tools/processes are maintained and continually optimized for collecting information and reporting on findings.
This position supports the Senior Director, Production and Editorial Services and key initiatives focused on integration, efficiency, consistency and quality. The Assistant Director will also be directly involved with the trafficking of highly visible production projects that have numerous stakeholders.
- Support the Senior Director with the management of high priority production projects to ensure quality and timeliness. Specific responsibilities include: managing, planning, scheduling, communicating, facilitating, monitoring, controlling, and reporting project-related tasks to ensure timely delivery.
- Manage and traffic print production projects with a special focus on managing to critical release dates.
- Preserve and enhance contractor, vendor and supplier relations in the processing of invoices, managing contracts, and closing out projects.
- Manage online premium/print on demand website for the organization. Provide detailed summaries/analysis on org-wide orders, spending trends, and forecasting.
- Compile data to support analyses related to business process improvement opportunities.
- Assist with the execution of strategic plans to meet goals and objectives in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director to evaluate production and editorial workflows and processes to continually evaluate findings and maintain best practices.
- Provide a variety of administrative support tasks, including instructing new vendors on processes and policy, and evaluate and update standard production forms.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Services Specialist to enhance internal project management tool as it relates to production processes and data/specification requirements. Evaluate and analyze print production trends for the organization.
- Serve as primary liaison between Ellechor’s book distributor and internal stakeholders; manage relationship, reporting and contract.
- Serve as primary liaison with the procurement function – evaluate P2P processes, determine opportunities for efficiencies and provide support for any procurement-related inquiries.
- Assist with the research and evaluation of industry best practices, ensuring that Ellechor specific lessons-learned are consistently applied to drive continuous improvement.
- Project management experience with a minimum of two years of progressively responsible work experience in publications production, print production and/or distribution.
- A strong background in publishing/print production is preferred. This position requires an understanding of how materials are published in fast-paced environments along with the ability to quickly evaluate problematic situations and provide workable solutions in a calm, focused manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management tools and knowledge of Photoshop preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience working in collaborative environments and managing budgets is highly desirable.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple levels of management
- Contract negotiation skills
- Strong analytical thinking and structured problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; highly collaborative individual
- Computer literacy, including proficiency using spreadsheet applications and database technology
- Excellent budgeting and budget management skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
- Professional, ethical and able to handle confidential material
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about current and potential future opportunities.